7/2/13

Commission Junction Affiliate / Viral Marketing

I have been working with Commission Junction for several years and have never seen a lot of results. So recent I have decided to take a different approach to using Commission Junction and it's affiliates.

Instead of posting miscellaneous ads to my website or various other classified ad websites, I decided to start several blogs specific to a few trends. One was on hosting, another on credit card processing for business, the other on plus size fashions.

Here is why i choose these topics. All three are hot niches right now. Hosting is paying $100+ per sign up, Cash advance affiliates and credit card processing are paying $60 +/- per lead, and plus size fashion about 2 to 5% commission on sales.

Now all but the fashion one sound like a terrific idea but here is what i have found within the first week. Zero traffic has hit the hosting and credit card processing blogs and tons of traffic and growing have hit the fashion blog.

With the fashion blog I was sure to monetize it completely. In other words I included adsense to it and registered it with amazon blog service. this way if i have slow or no traffic i still have readers signing up to read it and pay me approximately $0.33 a month to have a subscription. Doesn't sound like much right now but it does add up.

So here is where the money aspect stands.
I did the following to make money on my blog for fashion.
added it to kindle / amazon blog service
added adsense to the blog
continue to post fashions directly from commission junction

To increase my beginning traffic here are somethings i have done.
I add my listed commission junction affiliate products to pinterest
created a fan page for the blog on facebook
and post all my new blog posts to google+
additionally I do use google adwords to research my titles for my blog posts so you can find this blog. ;-)